Afterschool Educator (2 positions available)
Salary/Wages Wage is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Type: Part Time
Location: Afterschool Program
Experience Required: Experience working with children ages 4-12
Closing Date: 2022-08-23 3:00PM
Fredericton Christian Academy is an independent college preparatory school in Fredericton, New Brunswick for students in Kindergarten to Grade 12, and additionally includes an Early Childhood Learning Centre, which includes Pre-K programs and Afterschool. We are approved by the New Brunswick Department of Education.
Fredericton Christian Academy is a private Christian community of excellence that exists to challenge students to grow in knowledge, character, and leadership to dynamically impact their world for Christ.
Fredericton Christian Academy is seeking a qualified Educator to work in our Afterschool program. This position would begin at the start of the 2022-2023 school year.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- A personal commitment to faith in Jesus Christ;
- Willingness to embrace and support the vision and mission of Fredericton Christian Academy, including but not limited to, agreement with the school’s statement of faith;
- The ability to lead an Afterschool program, with appropriate planning and preparation.
- Understanding of how to provide an emergent curriculum experience that builds on children’s interests, abilities and needs.
- Willingness to build children’s self-esteem through positive guidance and nurturing
- Creating a positive atmosphere through fair, progressive and consistent expectations
- Maintaining accurate and complete records and other administrative tasks
- Establishing and maintaining professional communication with parents/caregivers by participating in a variety of formal and informal communication strategies.
- Collaborate with colleagues, support and maintain a team approach by sharing expertise and practical knowledge in developing the program
Ability to demonstrate the following:
- Consistency and fairness
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- First Aid certification
- Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check
- Experience working with children ages 4-12.
- Early Childhood Education certification
- 30/60 hour Early Childhood Introduction courses
- Wage is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Note: To be given consideration under this competition, applicants are required to demonstrate on their application how, when, and where they acquired the qualifications required for this position. We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
How to apply
SEND YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO
Email Molly Smith: